Share with me this sunlit moment,
sticky sweet proof that good exists
even while our hearts burn with loss
share with me this sugar kissed moment
light bouncing from our tongues
between our eyes
connecting your broken soul
to my skipped heartbeat
share with me you
and I will give you all of me.
Master Lemon Curd Filling
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (about 2 lemons worth)
- 120 ml fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 3 lemons worth)
- 2-4 tbsp cream (use more or less depending on how creamy you want it.)
- 115 grams unsalted butter room temperature, cut into small pieces
- In a medium metal bowl place eggs, egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and cream and whisk to combine well.
- Place bowl over a saucpan with boiling water (creating a bain-marie). Cook egg mixture over medium heat whisking CONSTANTLY. Keep whisking until the mixture become thick and coats the back of a wooden spoon nicely. A thermometer should register at least 175F/75C but if you dont have one handy don't let it stop you. Your mixture should thicken nicely letting you know it's done. It will thicken more as it cools.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture through a fine sieve into a medium bowl. (You want to strain out the lemon zest so your curd is nice and smooth). Slowly add your butter wisking constantly until all the butter is nicely encorporated. Allow your curd to come to room temperature before using in a tart. Or if you made extra, place into mason jars or other container and place in fridge. Will keep in the fridge for about a week (I dont know, it has never lasted more than a few days in our house) or a month in the freezer.